The free babysitting service is available as a drop-in service on a first come first serve basis 4 pm-7 pm, Monday through Friday and Saturdays 10am – 12pm.
Babysitting service is available to children of mixed ages. Children are supervised in groups and may socialize with children of various ages and levels of development. One babysitter may supervise no more than 5 children who are 14 months or older. One babysitter may supervise no more than 4 children when one child present is less than 14 months old. While the babysitting service is available 3 hours per day Monday through Friday, and 2 hours on Saturdays, the duration of the child’s stay should be limited to an appropriate time for the individual child.
- Children participating must be at least 3 month old.
- Parents/guardians are required to complete a registration form with emergency contact information before they can utilize the babysitting service.
- Children must be picked up before the end of babysitting hours. If a child has not been picked up the parent/guardian will be contacted.
- When dropping off your child, sign in with the babysitter, record the time, name of child, age of child, and your anticipated location in the facility (i.e. cardio/weight area, studio, 3rd floor).
- No one may pick up the child except for the person who signed in the child. When picking up the child, the parent/guardian must sign out with the babysitter.
- Children should arrive at babysitting prepared for their visit as food is not permitted. Drinks in sealed plastic cups labeled with the child’s name are allowed.
- The length of a child’s stay should not require a diaper change. Parents will be contacted to change their children, if necessary.
- If evacuation of the facility is necessary during babysitting hours, please report directly to the babysitting studio and evacuate per the babysitters direction.
- Parents/guardians who need to bring children to the locker room are encouraged to use the family locker room.
- For the well-being of all children using the babysitting service, sick children are not permitted to attend babysitting.
- The parent/guardian who signed in the child must remain in the facility at all times.
- The babysitter may have a staff member contact the parent/guardian at any time regarding the status of his or her child. For example, the parent/guardian may be contacted if the child is inconsolable, if the child is displaying inappropriate behavior, or if the child seems to be ill.
- Children whose behavior is unruly, negatively affects other children, or threatens the safety of the group may be asked to leave. Parents/guardians will be contacted to remove their child. If unacceptable behavior is chronic, the child may lose eligibility to participate in the babysitting service.
- The parent/guardian will always be contacted in an emergency situation.
- Babysitters are not responsible for administering medication.
- Babysitters are not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged items.
Contact Michele Muth at (304) 696-2943 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or comments regarding the babysitting program.